Call for Abstracts
The 2022 NAPT conference planning committee welcomes presentations and abstracts for oral presentations and panel discussions for the conference. If you are interested in presenting, please prepare a presentation summary/abstract in the form described in the Guidelines of submission of presentation summary/abstracts below and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 30, 2021. Presentations can be in the form of an individual presentation or a panel discussion (from 2-5 presenters).
The National Association for Proton Therapy’s mission is to work collaboratively to educate and raise awareness about the clinical benefits of proton therapy among patients, providers, payers, policymakers, and other stakeholders; ensure patient choice and access to affordable proton therapy, and; encourage cooperative research and innovation to advance the appropriate and cost-effective utilization of proton therapy.
Each year NAPT hosts an annual conference to bring the proton therapy community together to enhance understanding of the clinical benefits of proton therapy and improve access to those who benefit from this advanced cancer treatment.
The 2022 NAPT conference planning committee welcomes presentations and abstracts for virtual presentations and panel discussions for the conference. If you are interested in presenting, please prepare a presentation summary/abstract in the form described in the Guidelines of submission of presentation summary/abstracts below and send it to email@example.com no later than November 30, 2021. Presentations can be in the form of an individual presentation or a panel discussion (from 2-5 presenters).
If you have ideas for a presentation, but for whatever reason would rather not present on your own, please submit your ideas and indicate that you would rather not personally present. Suggestions for presenters in that situation would be appreciated. Likewise, if you have ideas for a panel discussion, but have not identified all the panel members, please submit the summary/abstract and indicate which panel members have not been identified.
Guidelines for submission of presentations/abstracts
Presentations and/or abstracts should be sent in Word, PowerPoint or PDF format to JJ Vitale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When submitting your abstract, the following information must be included for consideration:
- Title of the presentation
- Presentation / Abstract summary (300 to 1500 words)
- Focus of the presentation/abstract
- Objectives of the presentation/abstract
- Outline of the presentation/abstract
- Any supporting references
- Curriculum vitae / Resume for each presenter
General Information for Presentations
Presentations will be accepted in time slots of either 30 or 60 minutes. Some presentations may be combined for a panel discussion.
- A conflict of interest form and speaker agreement must be completed upon acceptance of abstract
- Questions directed to email@example.com
Topics of particular interest include the following:
- Providing value in an APM setting
- Proton Therapy Insurance Coverage & Reimbursement
- Denials & Appeals
- LCDs/Medical Guidelines/Policies/Assessments
- Innovative Coverage Models
- Alternative Payment Models
- Commercial Insurer / Radiation Oncology Benefit Manager Relations
- Improving Access to Care for Patients
- Clinical & Business Operations Challenges & Best Practices
- Proton Therapy Center Staffing – Clinical & Business
- Clinical Research Updates / Publications
- Marketing and Public Relations for Proton Therapy Centers
- Proton Therapy Government Relations
- Proton Therapy International Developments
- Proton Therapy Technology – Advancements & Maintenance
- Developing a New Proton Center
- Funding Solutions for Proton Therapy Centers
- Future of Proton Therapy
NAPT is open to submissions of topics beyond those included above.